Friday, August 2, 2013

Fear Sikh.




I'm pretty excited about tomorrow...

but also a little bit nervous. 

There is nothing to stop another nutter pinging off a few shots at random into the crowd at the Memorial Walk on Saturday- just like at the Sikh Temple last year. 

But like Johnny Blaze said- 'you can't be afraid of things'. 

ANY of the things. 


& that includes the Turbans. 


You see...

I better tell the truth...otherwise my word 'aint worth a damn. 


Whenever I see someone in a Turban or a Birka...

my heart rate goes up a few notches.


I tend to freak a little bit. 

I guess that is the media, the government, who have successfully demonised these people & indoctrinated us into believing they are all terrorists, and to watch out for them. 


I don't actually know anyone who wears a Turban, or a Birka.

I have never really taken the time to get to know them.
 

I am SURE they are nothing to be afraid of.
 

Which is why I am doing this.

In remembrance of those who died in the shooting at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek one year ago...


& to reach out in the spirit of fellowship, community and understanding. 


I don't imagine that feeling of fear whenever I see a Turban will go away overnight...


But if I keep reaching out...

Overcoming my fears...


All that nonsense will eventually go away. 

Until there is nothing left but




LOVE.
  


http://www.chardhikala6k.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment