Thursday, February 7, 2013

Remember...

Remember This??



Just in case your memory is hazy...this is kids having fun. 

Without the need for a i box, or a pod phone or a XT or HD doo-hickey or anything. 

Now...don't mistake me for a technophone; I love technology and what it has done for my life as much as anyone.  Hell!  I live here! 

But I don't feel I need an Iphone; and unless one falls from the sky into my lap...I shall do without. 

Seeing these boys yesterday outside my place rolling an old tractor tyre along the cliff- it was a beautiful thing.  It reminded me of the good old days. 

Well, the old days were not so great...but I do remember enjoying simple things. 

Like playing with found objects. 

One of MY favourite things to do as a kid was ride my bike around town, looking for empty bottles so I could take them to the shop and get the money back. 

Re-cycling!  Aaahhh...those were the days. 

And this kind of fun does not rely on bandwidth.   

I'm not saying unplug and stand outside looking at all God's miracles (although I don't exactly discourage that!), but I am saying...

What am I saying? 

I think I say enough.  I think maybe we all do. 

Just look at the boys, playing peacefully with an old tyre. 

And remember...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment