Monday, February 11, 2013

SHE

The location of my first kiss.




I remember so well, playing kissey-chasey in the school yard. 

I loved it so much. 

It was my favourite game, and I always looked forward with great anticipation to playing it. 

I was a romantic from a very early age- no doubt about it.




As a little boy...love was my truth.

Even Mum says I was a good, loving little boy.

I soon had that beaten out of me by my father, and by the priests.

I have been SO LOST in my life...but even in my darkest moments...

I knew I wanted to find my truth; that truth I drifted so far away from.

I wanted the little boy back.

That clever gentle, sensitive little boy who KNEW love was all that really mattered.

It was a long hard road out of hell.  And I knew...I had to find a way to commit to the journey- follow it through NO MATTER WHAT.
I wonder if life is merely the spiritual being living a physical life.  For it's own sake- for the experience; in order to test itself. 

The iron will of the soul, forged in the fires of adversity. 

Maybe. 

Perhaps life is about forgetting who we really are...

Then REMEMBERING again. 

Bolstering, re-inforcing and corroborating the authentic being.

Knowing who we are...no matter what. 
 
I remember. 

I remember how important love WAS to me- as a little boy- and how important it IS to me as a fully grown man. 

I am reminded of Antoine de Saint-Exupery when he said, "How could there be any question of acquiring or possessing, when the one thing needful for a man is to become -- to be at last, and to die in the fullness of his being.”

The soul doesn't lie.

I am reminded of my first kiss, and the magic of love.

The miracle of the divine feminine, which- even then- I was aware of. 

Only an hour ago, I was writing sentence on auto-pilot the way I usually do (my hands were writing old news as my brain had already moved onto the next thought), and instead of 'THEY' I typed 'SHE'. 

To paraphrase Jung...there ARE no accidents. 

No typo's.

Love is all...

<3 p="">

1 comment: