Monday, November 11, 2013

The Burning Ember People...


Sometimes my heart seems to smoulder like a burning ember. 

It sends a dull ache to my shoulders, and down my arms.  I keep thinking it's a heart problem, but it's not. 

I remember it from childhood. 

It's the absence of warmth and affection. 

If you have children...please hold them as often and as tightly as you can.  Make them feel loved, and safe. 


We don't need a world full of burning ember people...


Paradoxically enough, the only thing worse than feeling this is the shame of talking about it. 

I can still hear Dad's voice telling me I'm a 'weak girl'.  I was never allowed to cuddle my parents.  I had to shake hands. 

These scars run deep...& the reason I review them in such detail is because, well...it's not exactly a hug...

but it's the next best thing.


Left alone in the wilderness, which is where the burning ember usually find themselves, they catch fire and perish. 



We meed a movement...a concerted effort to bring the burning ember people home again...



That would be my dream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment