Sunday, October 13, 2013

Default Setting.




Lotta' rumblings out there about folks letting other folks down.

Come along now, people; we've been over this before.


if you think anyone owes you anything (respect, courtesy, love, decency, reliability, money, kindness)...

you are nuts. 


Unless they signed a contract?  

They don't owe you squat.  

& even then...

there are myriad ways to default on a contract. 


People default on me in one way or another almost EVERY day. 

If I let it bother me? 

I'd be in the booby hatch. 


I survive by falling back on my default setting.

& I write myself a nice fat reality check. 


Most folk are puffs of smoke. 

I don't invest in puffs of smoke.

Nor do I let them choke me. 


& the ones who aren't?

are what we in the business refer to as 'miracles'. 


& if you think Rome was built on miracles...

You are probably silly enough to think it was built in a day.


Folks aren't there. 

Folks don't care.


So set yourself free...& get used to it.


Or check yourself into fantasy rehab.



3 comments:

  1. There are one or two folks who indeed are there AND care, just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those aren't folks. those are the 'miracles' I mentioned. big difference.

    ReplyDelete