Wednesday, July 31, 2013

You're so vain...

That awkward point in a relationship where you post some general comment or blog- & you get a message from a friend saying, 'that was about me, right?' 

One never knows whether to be annoyed at their vanity...or somehow humbled that you reached them.  If I didn't have such a low self opinion...I would pick the latter.  

So I pick the former...

I usually give them a fresh one for ASSUMING it is about them...& I'm not keen on assumptions.

As I have said many times- I am on the 'abrasive side.

It's part of my charm.

If I pretended it did not exist...& did not give it expression...then I would be the worst kind of lie.

Lying to myself. 

Too many people want to censor me, without me censoring myself.


However...this isn't about me. 

It's about the people this isn't about. 

There is NO way of saying 'it's not about you'...without saying 'it's not about you'. 

And no matter how you say it...it will come off as offensive.

Because...good or bad...


Most people on some level WANT it to be about them.


(p.s. this DEFINITELY isn't about you.).

No comments:

Post a Comment