Friday, June 1, 2012

Troller Ball.

I got in touch with my inner Troll, this week.


A month ago I did not know what a Troll was other than the hairy, smelly chap who lives under the bridge and eats children.


I still have not defined him satisfactorily in practical terms…but here is a random definition from Wikipedia which seems as good as any I have reasearched.


In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]


  1. ^ Online 'Trolls' Target Family Tribute Pages. Sky News. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
  2. ^ "Definition of: trolling". PCMAG.COM (Ziff Davis Publishing Holdings Inc). 2009. http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=trolling&i=53181,00.asp#. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
  3. ^ Indiana University: University Information Technology Services (2008-05-05). "What is a troll?". Indiana University Knowledge Base. The Trustees of Indiana University. http://kb.iu.edu/data/afhc.html. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
  4. ^ a b "Trolling: The Today Show Explores the Dark Side of the Internet", March 31, 2010. Retrieved on April 4, 2010.


I cannot be certain, but I have a good sense of people and their personality’s types and groupings.

Including my own.

And I’m pretty sure I have Trollish tendencies.


I thought I might discuss why over the next few blogs...hopefully understand a little more about who I am and the way my mind works here, & on the Internet...


& who knows; you might learn something about yourselves you did not know.





TBC...



No comments:

Post a Comment