Thursday, July 4, 2013

Woodstocktake.

 


Sometimes, while I'm exploring America- I swear I get a sense of these vague distant echoes of the 'Spirit of Woodstock'. 

Only very occasionally, but it happens. 

I don't know how- I wasn't there. 

& I'm not entirely convinced everyone in America was in agreement about what Woodstock was, or whether it even mattered to more than a small percentage of the population at the time. 

But I can feel something- & it's like flashes of...Woodstock.

I get the sense- Woodstock touched EVERYBODY- in one way or another.

Whether they were there or not.

Whether they were even alive when it happened- or not.

It was a time of great tragedy- but also great hope, wonder...

& an abiding sense of what was possible. 

If human beings we were united under the banner of LOVE.

It seemed something very special was within the reach of ordinary people in concert.



I even get goosebumps just reading Hunter Thompson's 'wave speech'. 

It must be something to do with the collective unconscious...

Or it might be nothing at all-

just a dream. 

or maybe I just need a dose of medicine.

Perhaps this all sums up the Spirit of Woodstock.

Perhaps...


God, I love this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment