Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Key Master...

I was in the ghetto the other day, & a Latino gang banger asked me for a smoke. 

I gave him a couple, and he asked me if I was from OZ.  I confirmed his suspicions, and he instantly warmed to me. 

(It's funny, that.  We seem to be well liked.  It doesn't hurt a traveller to come from a country people like...especially in gang territory!) 

Anyway...then he asked me what I was doing in the ghetto. 

I told him I like it in the ghetto. 

He looked stunned. 

I told him, I have tried yacht clubs and I have tried ghettos...& I just prefer ghetto's. 

I like the honesty. I like the danger. I like to LEARN.

(& don't forget...I can LEAVE any time I want. THAT is the important bit.) 

Then he asked me how I could travel, being as how it's so expensive. 

Sigh...I looked at his burning cigarette, & I asked him; 'how many cigarettes a day do you smoke?'

He replied 'one, maybe two packs.' 

I said, 'you give up the smokes for a few months, you got airfare and walking around money right there.  Any country you want.'

He nodded in agreement.  'Damn!  You're right!'

Priorities, people, priorities.

How badly do you want your freedom?

How much do you love your prison???

Some of you guys are in prisons of your own making. 

Work with me here...I know you can set yourselves free.
 

You just need someone not from your life to show you where the key is...

No comments:

Post a Comment